Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Its not you; its me.

I sincerely feel that moving barns is very much like breaking up! Or maybe like giving notice to an employer you love but that doesn’t really pay the bills. The torment, the agony, the sleepless nights!! Am I doing the right thing? What if this is as good as it gets? Is the grass really greener on the other side? Not to mention all the questions about my pony...will she like her new home? Will she make new friends? Will the new barn management take care of her to my standards? UGH!! This has been weighing on my heavily for the past couple of weeks. My old barn has a delightful owner and I was the only boarder. But it also had a few issues, which I will spare you from all the unpleasant details here. Let’s just say it had less hay selection, less structure and consistency for feeding times, cleaning and turn out. And on a personal note, I was lonely at the old barn being the only boarder! Despite, or maybe because of, my sleepless nights, endless phone calls to patient friends and even my animal communicator friend, it all worked out. I stumbled over the words and gave my notice. I feel lighter and happier since. But, it was a tough call to make because of how emotionally invested I was. “It’s a barn!” says my hunky hubby – but to me its really a second home and one with very important relationships to tend to – me -> Miss Echo -> barn owner -> me. Tough conversations and decision making for someone else’s wellbeing is definitely a rough one. I finally did it; I made the Dear John call. I was so nervous. My heart was racing, my palms were clammy. I didn’t want to lose my friendship with the manager/owner, but I was following my heart and it was telling me this “break up” was the best thing for us both in the end. Its not you; It’s me. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment