A pause or break.... Well I have certainly taken a break from this blog! Much has happened since the last time I sat down to write. Its been one hell of a year. All I can say is that sometimes life is hard and barn time is the only thing that keeps me sane. Ace has moved on from law enforcement and is really enjoying his new semi-retired career teaching drivers ed to high schoolers. We have suffered losses of friends and family and have gained new friends and family! So much has happened that is just too much to write about. So here is just a note that I am still learning lessons from the barn every single day. I love my horse! She has turned into the sweetest gentle girl I new she had in her. She just needed some time. I love my husband. He has been through hell and back and it had its effects on us. But, I think our marriage is stronger for it now.
What doesnt kill you and all.
Beekeeping is my next adventure! I am very excited to start. My new beehive should arrive tomorrow and will look very similar to this photo. Unpainted pine with a metal roof.
I am hoping that the weather stays warm and dry so I can get this painted and placed before my bees arrive. Ace and I painted the barn yellow and since I have an abundance of leftover paint the new hive will also be yellow. I am hoping my creative self shows up so that I can make this a cute/beautiful addition to our yard and its not just a yellow box sitting out there. I will post photos of what I end up doing.
Looks like a full weekend is sneaking up on me. Painting, riding, learning! Should be really fun.
Don't be surprised if this turns into a "bee blog" for a while.

No comments:
Post a Comment